Friday, August 10, 2007

Stage 11: Zoom!! Boom!! Bang!!

This was suppose to be written yesterday... but now is the perfect time!
So Dad decided that the whole family should go to the Padang to enjoy the NDP. At first I was like "Aww man..." but curiousity got the best of me and I agreed. As expected, it was a pain-in-the-arse trip... Transportation made their quota.. Thirty minutes of travel in a packed train and I could barely move a limb as patriotic citizens are all around me!!
In the midst of the unfortunate, I saw Hisyam with... I don't know, his girlfriend.. maybe. However, it wasn't only one girl, there were like 3-4 other girls with him as well, lucky dude...
Upon arrival, we took a break at BK, where I met Dzul and his family! Long time no see that ol' mate... It was quite a rare surprise to see him going out with his family. By the way, around the BK area there were a lot of teenagers dressed up as if they're going to a fashion show... Geez, there were punks, goths and there was a couple of girls in which one dyed her hair red, while the other dyed hers white.. Oh, the humanity...
Lucky I didn't go out with my pals on this one... Coz if I did, one wrong move will turn the street into a fightclub... and I never liked fighting. My pals said that fighting proves that you're a man... I don't agree with that, i never liked violence... Fighting is not my style...
Back to the topic, since I was at the Padang, all I could see were people, canvases, animals(Dogs especially) and an out-of-place screen.
Upon Mr President's arrival, a formation of three Apaches and a lone Chinook with a giant Singapore flag hanging under it, flew at a darn low altitude across the sky above the Padang. It was amazing, I never knew the Apaches were so big(for a two-man aircraft that is)
Next was my favourite event... the F-16 Flyby!! Man, I'll never get enough of that... Having eight jets zooming over you is just my idea of "excitement". Wish I was the pilot... It must be really cool to be flying over a crowd, hitting the afterburners and let the crowd do the shouting.
It was a sudden event that TJ was actually there! I was like sitting on a protable chair and he just came by without noticing me. Geez, his hair was quite long. Guess what? His girlfriend was there as well...! I've got to admit... she's quite cute.. Even Mom and Dad prompt me about my marital status... Aww, don't start that topic...
Event by event... things just get better and better... There was also one occassion where the military carried out a mock terrorist strike.. While everyone was so amazed watching the event on the screen, something went BOOM! I was like "what the f....". Everyone was caught off-guard by the sudden "explosion". Actualy it was part of the event, the boom thingy was meant to spice up the terrorism atmosphere... Not bad, I was totally jumped!
As the parade draws towards it's end, the fireworks began. It was so "blinding"!!
Explosion every three seconds, I was sooo awed! Boom!! Bam!! Bang!! Colourful lights everywhere!! Even the Business District buildings launched fireworks from their rooftops!
Woah... I'm soo gonna buy a ticket for next year's NDP!
It was truly a night to remember... Great night, great parade and even meeting my great pals on the way... I'll never forget that memorable evening.

No comments: